Oil additives are chemical compounds that improve the lubricant performance of base oil or oil ‘base stock’. The roles of additives are to enhance existing base oil properties with antioxidants, antifoam agents, de-emulsifying agents and corrosion inhibitors.
They also suppress undesirable base oil properties and impart new properties to base oils with extreme pressure (EP) additives, detergents, metal deactivators and tackiness agents.
Nearly all lubricants contain additives regardless of whether the oil is petroleum based or synthetic.
The global strength of Shamrock Shipping and Trading along with our years of industry knowledge enables us to offer product diversity on a full range of additives and integrated services to meet with all the blending needs of our clients.
While our additives help improve finished lubricants they can also be applied to and improve a wide variety of other materials including plastics, metal-working materials, water treatment, rubber, fuel additives, oilfield products and polymers for use in industrial applications.
If you would like more information on our additive products or how our services can support your business, feel free to contact us at any time.
How we can help
Leading international trading company with proven business model
- Sustainable and competitive business
- End-to-end supply chain management
- Less operational costs
- Local market knowledge with global expertise
- Accessibility to new markets
Finance at any stage of the supply chain
- Accessibility of financing at preferable rates
- Working capital and cash flow improvement for procurement and processing
- Off balance sheet benefits
- Execution speed and performance
- Documents processing
- Focus on core skills
- Supply chain management
- Liaising with professionals and experts in trade finance
Customized supply chain solutions
- We can manage the complete supply chain, from planning to operations.
- Organise transportation of liquid cargo, using multiple modes of transport (intermodal).
- We are the global leader in base oils delivery by flexitank.
- Timely and safe delivery ensures that your business runs smoothly and without interruption.
A more economical process
- Total cost reduction and higher profit margin
- No demurrage / hidden costs
- Market price fluctuation hedge
- Cash flow optimization
Safety & risks management
- Safe technology
- No risks of contamination
- Minimizing quantity loss
- Clean and environmentally friendly, recyclable
Accessibility to New Markets
- Prompt 'door to door' delivery
- Supply to customers all over the globe
- Global Sourcing
- Easy access to remote destinations
Engine oil additives
EP Gear oil additives
Industrial products additives
Pour Point Depressants
Lubricant additives include a wide range of additives and additive packages and have been designed to meet the strictest OEM and API requirements.
Our additives help to improve a wide variety of materials, including finished lubricants, plastics, rubber, fuel additives, metal-working materials, water treatment, oilfield products and polymers for use in industrial applications.