Shamrock Shipping and Trading, an international petrochemicals supplier and distributor, has been ranked the 10th biggest chemical distributor in Africa and the Middle East, 16th in Latin America, 38th in the Asia-Pacific Region, 77th in Europe, and 70th worldwide in the ‘Top 100 Chemical Distributors’ by ICIS Chemical Business magazine.
The list was unveiled on 15 July 2013. This is a big achievement for Shamrock especially considering that the growth fell in the crisis years of 2010 to 2012 and came mainly from the emerging markets of Africa, Latin America, and Asia. Our success in this period of global recession is due to our strategy and its several pillars:
- Global focus and our ability to source products at the best price and in the shortest time on a worldwide scale: Our customer/client base includes more than 400 partners in 35 countries worldwide.
- Flexibility and individual approach: Our company is listed among huge multinational corporations in the ‘Top 100’ list, but we remain a flexible, customer-oriented company, highly responsive to the current needs of our customers and their marketing situation
- Sustainability and healthy financial position: The introduction of Shamrock financing services, allowing deferred payment conditions, enables our customers to optimize their cash flow and financing costs, which results in real cash benefits, making them more stable and competitive
- Ability to manage risks and resources wisely: We have been investing in technology, training, quality control procedures, and certifications, including the ISO 9001:2008 certificate, which Shamrock earned in 2012. We have the most advanced software, appropriate for trading operations
- We introduced services, such as financing, door-to-door delivery, customized blending, packaging, and innovative multi-modal logistic solutions (sea bulk, containers, railroad, trucks). These services help our customers succeed by saving their time, cutting their costs, and freeing their manufacturing and storage capacities.
Today’s markets are very transparent. We believe that the only way to succeed is to provide genuine added value to the supply chain and real customer care. The ‘Top 100’ list is a milestone for our company and was reached in just five years. This accomplishment is a recognition of our entire team—both our corporate staff and our regional representatives worldwide. Special thanks to all our partners who have been a part of this success, and, in particular, our reliable suppliers and our financial partners, the best trade banking institutions: ING, BNP Paribas, BCG, Crédit Agricole and, of course, we are very grateful for the trust of our customers.
Shamrock Shipping and Trading is an international non-affiliated petrochemical trader and distributor (base oils Group I, II, III and IV, pale oils, advanced additives, and finished lubricants).
Our core business is supported by a number of related services which include sourcing, trading, processing, refining, transportation, storage, and financing. This diversity enables us to control the whole process of product movement from producer to end-user, guaranteeing fast and reliable deliveries to all of our customers worldwide. Shamrock has regional representatives in Africa, Central and South America, and Southeast Asia. In 2012, Shamrock started its representative office in Canada, in 2013, Shamrock will open a new office in Dubai (UAE).
The ICIS Top 100 Chemical Distributors List is a global ranking based on total sales. Separately, it also lists leaders in key geographies such as North America, Europe, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East, and Africa, based on sales in those regions. ICIS Chemical Business is the leading global weekly magazine focusing on bulk commodity chemical and polymer markets. ICIS is the world’s largest petrochemical market information provider and has fast-growing energy and fertilizer divisions.